Aller au contenu

[Kernel][01FEB'13][RedPill] ExFAT | STweaks | Scoobydoo | CPU & GPU UV/OC | Ext2Int

RedPillHeader.pngFaits saillants:

• Exynos-Abuse Secured (Thanks to AndreiLux for the original low level patch & Samsung for the Official Fix)
  • SDS patch included
  • Ramfs from Stock Kernel + Busybox and its various functions in /sbin
  • Versions up to Rev1.00 were Based on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 Source Drop Release 1; Rev1.01 and up are based on N8000 Sources
  • Included patches for performance, stability and battery life
  • Init.d support
  • SetCPU, ROM Toolbox and Voltage Control Support
  • CPU Overclocking and Undervolting Support
  • No GPU Overclocking and Undervolting
  • Enable or Disable File Syncing
    (fsync disabled by default as I've tweaked the system for optimum latency designed for Flash Storage)
  • CFS Autogroup by Mike Galbraith Enabled
  • CPU Topology and Sched_MC enabled
  • AFTR and LPA enabled
  • A lot of tunables via sysfs included (Use ROM Toolbox or similar Utility to easily change it)
  • Git Implementation of SHA-1 for 12% faster boot time
  • CPU set at 1.6Ghz at Boot for faster boot time (Thanks to Imoseyon)
  • LZO compressed kernel using optimized values for the size of the kernel for faster boot time
  • CIFS Support (cifs.ko located in /lib/modules) | Tweaked Ext4 Filesystem
    (Patches + Mount Options + Tweaked IO Schedulers leaning towards latency for Flash Storage)
  • sio | zen | noop | deadline (tweaked for better latency and balanced throughput for Mobile NAND based devices)
  • Tweaked the mount options for Ext4 to adapt to the current focus on latency
  • pegasusq | conservative CPU Governors (Patched conservative to support load based hotplugging)
  • WiFi Multicast Blocked (Thanks to Entropy512)
  • Using Toolchain 4.7.3 from Linaro+ compiler optimizations specific for that version (Thanks Linaro)

Power Saving Features:

• AFTR + LPA enabled
  • sched_mc enabled (set at 2 by default)
  • ARM CPU Topology enabled
  • No HZ enabled

Boot Time Features:

• Used git Implem of SHA-1 for 12% Boot time improvement
  • Added [PATCH] arm: remove "optimized" SHA1 routines by Linus Torvalds
  • Added [PATCH] arm: remove stale export of 'sha_transform' Linus Torvalds
  • Set Clockspeed at 1.6Ghz at Boot time to ensure all critical tasks have enough power to perform them while
    the governors/maxfreq isn't set yet. (Thanks to Imoseyon for this hack)

CPU Features

• Supports CPU Overclocking and Undervolting (Thanks to AndreiLux)
  • No GPU Overclocking or Undervolting
  • pegasusq | conservative CPU Governors pegasusq set as default

Filesystem Features (Currently Supported)

• ExFat (Using Proprietary Samsung Modules)
  • Fat32
  • Ext2/3/4
  • CIFS (cifs.ko is in /lib/modules)
  • Ext2Int for N7100 (Thanks to mattiadj for idea and base script that I used to get it fully working on N7100 and RedPill) (ExFAT and FAT32 only)

I/O Schedulers

• SIO (2012 0.2 version) (tweaked for Flash) Set as Default
  • deadline (tweaked for Flash)
  • zen (Thanks to bbedward)
  • noop
  • Tweaked values in deadline and SIO I/O scheduler to give better than average throughput while attemting to improve latency (if not more aggressive). Based on our initial (indicative, not conclusive... yet) testing, having these in line with the vm dirty, expire, writeback values + ext4 mount options to "schedule" write outs as fast as the system can handle it works quite well to balance throughput with latency expected in a mobile device. We took the big picture view and tested our tweaks instead of copy pasting random "known" good values and challenged some assumptions even we had at the start. The result is a mobile device tuned for average throughput and balanced battery life with good latency (not the lowest latency out there, but given the benefits of better I/O throughput and potential battery savings + extending the lifetime of NAND Based storage I think it was a compromise worth taking) I could have tweaked it for extremely great throughput and battery savings but that wouldn't be fun to use. I hate micro-lags myself.
  • Our Test Data regarding I/O schedulers and Kernel Tweaks can be found HERE.
  • The blog post that describes what we are trying to do can be found on my blog post HERE. (Thanks to s2d4)

Memory Features

• Custom minfree values tweaked for 2GB RAM
  • Tweaked vm values in sysctl that's optimized for latency

Display Features

• Stock mdnie values for more vivid details on the current generation of AMOLED Displays

• Enabled "fsync disabled"
    (can be disabled by doing an echo "1" > /sys/module/sync/parameters/fsync_disabled
    in a terminal emulator or as a script for gscript or scriptmanager) (Thanks to Ezekeel)
    Using the tweaked Ext4 filesystem + scheduler and mount options leaning towards latency + vm values in the kernel
    makes the most of the speed of Flash Storage based devices. At the speed at which the data is written to and from the kernel
    to the Fast Storage devices, you would only lose up to 1 second worth of data at most IF the kernel crashes.
    I don't plan on that happening so I enabled the system to get the maximum possible performance in this area.
  • Tweaked Ext4 Filesystem (Patches + Mount Options + Tweaked IO Schedulers leaning towards latency)
  • SIO | noop | deadline (tweaked for better latency and balanced throughput for Mobile NAND based devices)
  • Tweaked the mount options for Ext4 to adapt to the current focus on latency

3rd Party Kernel Apps Support

• ROM Toolbox by jrummy
  • SetCPU by michaelhuang
  • Voltage Control by xan

Rev0.1

• Used N7100 source drop
  • Tweaked deadline and sio for throughput and better battery life
  • Tweaked conservative and pegasusq for slightly more aggressive performance
  • No UV
  • No OC
  • Using new SHA-1
  • Enabled Cleancache
  • Enabled Mike Galbraith's Sched Autogroup
  • Applied AndreiLux's sensor hub fix (Thanks to AndreiLux)
  • Using SLQB
  • CFQ by default
  • Using RWSEM Algorithm by Code Aurora
  • Tweaked kernel values using the redpill.sh in the ramdisk
  • Enabled init.d
  • Auto Backup of EFS
  • Using Toolchain 4.4.3

Rev0.2

• Adjust tweaks in ramdisk
  • Tweaked CFQ
  • SMP fixes by Russel King
  • XZ compressed kernel (fast and small)
  • ARM topology
  • Sched_mc set at 2
  • Disabled Mali State Tracking
  • CIFS as a module

Rev0.3

• Sharpness Tweak by Hardcore (Thanks to hardcore)
  • Black Crush Fix by AndreiLux (Thanks to AndreiLux)
  • XZ Tweaked for faster boot and more efficient RAM
  • Enable 1.6Ghz at Boot time to speed it up just a bit more (Thanks to Imoseyon)
  • Various ARM topology patches
  • Enabled Timer Slack Controller

Rev0.4

• Blocked multicast (Thanks to Entropy512)
  • Tweaked Pegasusq to start early in the boot process
  • CIFS built-in (no modules)
  • Tunneling built-in
  • Testing Out ezterry's 4.6.3 Toolchain
  • Fsync control by Ezekeel
  • Increased mmc timeout (Thanks to AndreiLux)
  • Added a few compiler optmizations for 4.6.3 Toolchain

Rev0.5

• Applied Vermagic patch to enable proper loading of proprietary modules (Thanks to jt1134)
  • Improved Latency of schedulers
  • Removed cfq and enabled sio as default io scheduler
  • Tweaked Pegasusq for smoother performance (Can be changed using SetCPU)
  • Ext4 patches from mainline for optimization and stability
  • Workqueue patches from mainline
  • Timer patch from mainline
  • Sched Race in Task Group Patch from mainline
  • Busfreq back to default voltages (for public release)
  • Fixed ExFat Loading Error (SLUB instead of SLQB)
  • LZO compressed kernel for more more speed
  • No Screen Sharpening (Only AndreiLux's Black crush fix which is in fact for the S3. smile.gif Thanks for the Heads up AndreiLux)
  • Removed Auto EFS Backup to speedup boot process (You have an EFS Backup already, right?) smile.gif

Rev0.6

• Wakelock patch to save power (Thanks to Andrea Arcangeli)
  • Apply SCHED_FIFO to kthreadd (Thanks to Steve Muckle <smuckle@codeaurora.org>)
  • Testing latest Linaro 4.7 Toolchain
  • Camera Fix for ZKFI07 camFW (Thanks to nebkat)
  • Experimental Hotplug Awareness based on Load for Other Governors (Thanks to franciscofranco)
  • Updated lzop compression from current upstream version for a significant speed improvement (Thanks to Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer <markus@oberhumer.com>)
  • ARM: disable preemption in machine_shutdown (Thanks to Mike J. Chen)
  • Check source on github for detailed commit logs and messages

Rev0.7

• Added UV Capability (arm voltages only) Implementation by AndreiLux (Thanks to AndreiLux)
  • Increase USB Charging rate by AndreiLux
  • Increased it even more to match AC charging rates (Experimental)
  • lowmemorykiller patches by Cyanogen Steve Kondik <shade@chemlab.org>
  • Experimental optimizations to try and fix ZK camFW bug
  • Loads of Samsung OSRC updates c/o AndreiLux (Thanks to AndreiLux)
  • Wacom, Firmware, epen, sensorhub, camera firmware among others c/o AndreiLux (Thanks to AndreiLux)
  • Bug Fixes by AndreiLux on sound related source files

Rev0.8

• Added STweaks support (Thanks to gokhanmoral)
  • Custom STweaks Entries specific to RedPill Features
  • Using Latest 201211 Linaro 4.7.3 Toolchain
  • Added NTFS Automounting support (for sdcard formatted as NTFS only, not OTG) Please Test if this works as I use FAT32
  • Added led blinking or fading choice from CM10 (Thanks to codeworkx and XpLoDWilD)

Rev0.9

• Added Scoobydoo Sound (gokhanmoral's port of supercurio's Voodoo) (Thanks to gokhanmoral)
  • Added Scoobydoo specific Stweaks presets (Thanks to gokhanmoral)
  • Added sjkoon's Scoobydoo Sound fixes (Thanks to sjkoon)
  • Added android logging as a module (Use STweaks to toggle)

Rev0.10

• Revert ExtSdCard mount points to default (To enable Ext2Int Tweak by mattiadj to work)
  • Added bbedward's zen i/o scheduler (Included in Stweaks options as well)
  • Added Option to OC to 1.8GHz after several weeks of testing for stability (Thanks to AndreiLux)
  • Added AndreiLux's STweaks Dynamic Config for CPU_UV, min/max freq and i/o scheduler (Thanks to AndreiLux)
  • Added updated pegasusq logic from newer Samsung sources (Thanks to AndreiLux for Original Port)
  • Added option in STweaks to swap internal and external sdcard (Thanks to mattiadj for original idea and script, which I then took and edited to ensure Full compatibility with N7100)
  • Added Proportional Rate Reduction for TCP (Thanks to faux123)
  • Tweaked deadline i/o scheduler

Rev1.00

• Exynos-Abuse Secured thru the low-level fix by AndreiLux (Thanks to AndreiLux)
  • Using Official Google Toolchain 4.6.x
  • Added the latest (v5.4) of the "faster crc32 algorithm" by Bob Pearson and Darrick Wong (Thanks to both of them)
  • Added faux123 Dynamic fsync (Thanks to faux123)
  • Enable Dynamic FSync and FSync Control to co-exist (Please read STweaks option to gain a better understanding)
  • Backported ROW I/O scheduling algorithm (Thanks to Tatyana Brokhman)
  • Revert to using original N7100 source bcmdhd drivers to fix WiFi for some users
  • Added ability to increase brightness to 255 (Thanks to nebkat)
  • Tick and workqueue updates from upstream kernel source (Please see commit log for details)
  • Remove ntfs auto mounting since people use ExFAT and FAT32 while NTFS can be loaded by 3rd party tools
  • Tweaked Ext2Int mount options
  • Tweaked System mount options

Rev1.01

• Completely Rebased on N8000 Source
  • Use newest and official Exynos-Abuse patch from Samsung (Thanks to AndreiLux for the additional patches re: static cma regions)
  • Fix Freezes for some Devices when transferring large files via USB
  • Fix SOD for some Devices
  • Change CPU Idle Settings back to stock
  • Remove Dynamic FSync (Ability to enable or disable FSync is still available)
  • Removed ROW I/O as sio/deadline/zen perform better in our tests
  • USB Charging Rate increased to 1700
  • Tweaked pegasusq for battery life (limit sampling rate in suspend)
  • Removed Conservative (as new tweaked pegasusq can save battery with the right settings)
  • Added Dynamic STweaks XML Implementation by AndreiLux (Thanks to AndreiLux)
  • Updated STweaks (Thanks to Gokhan Moral)
  • use get_random_int() to fix entropy depleting (Thanks to Jeff Liu)
  • Updated sensorhub driver, device sensors
  • SDS patch included (Thanks to AndreiLux)

TELECHARGEMENT:

RedPill

RedPill AOSP

RedPill Ultimate DEPRECATED SINCE MOST FEATURES ARE FOUND ON STABLE

Source: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1975938

Un merci ne coûte rien !

Modifié par Alienex
  • Like 2

Je suis entrain de tester ce nouveau kernel. Je ferais un petit retour ce soir. MAis pour l'instant tout va bien.

Score Antutu: 13503

Linpack: Signle/ multi thread: 64.339/ 213.773(très aléatoire!)

EDIT: Kernel parfait comme persus mais petit plus. La batterie! Je trouve que je l'ai flingué moins rapidement (j'utilise beaucoup mon tél , j'y suis encore accro comme aux premiers jours ^^) . Ça reste une impression.

Modifié par jdosson

salut ici :)

petit retour sur ce kernel , avec mon utilisation j'ai remarquer que le perseus consommais un peut moins que le redpill v7 ( cela peut varié celons l'utilisateur ) sinon rien de bien flagrant entre les deux , actuellement je test le kernel ABYSS si alienex veut bien ce dévoué pour faire un topic je file le lien :)

Modifié par jose

salut :)

@alienex :)

voici le lien direct du post pour le kernel en question : http://www.nonsolosm...rnel-t3731.html

édit : tu trouveras même des custom sur ce forum :)

re édit : kernel complet fournie avec son propre recovery custom et les tables d'uv CPU GPU intègre dans le recovery ,enfin tu verras bien sur le topic :)

Modifié par jose

salut :)

@alienex :)

voici le lien direct du post pour le kernel en question : http://www.nonsolosm...rnel-t3731.html

édit : tu trouveras même des custom sur ce forum :)

re édit : kernel complet fournie avec son propre recovery custom et les tables d'uv CPU GPU intègre dans le recovery ,enfin tu verras bien sur le topic :)

Ok merci je jette un oeil

• 3 weeks later...

Fonctionne aussi sur la rom stock?

Ya juste à flasher via le cwm sans wipe ni rien hein?

oui il fonctionne aussi sur rom stock , mais pour l'instal fais tjrs un wipe cache et wipe dalvik cache avant ça te fera pas perdre tes données.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bonsoir,

Je suis nouveau sur le forum jutilise mon note 2 depuis 1 semaine et je suis passer sur la ROM oméga v11 ce midi. L'autonomie me parais très bonne avec le kernel d'origine, mais je recherche la meilleur autonomie ainsi que la meilleur fluidité possible. La redpill me parais le mieux vu les commentaires, jaimerai juste savoir quel version de la redpill prendre la 1.01, la 1.30 je ne sais pas quoi faire je suis sous Android depuis peu de temps je viens dun iPhone 5. Merci pour vos conseils excellente reference d'Android :).

Cordialement.

Le problème d'autonomie n'est pas du au kernel mais au firmware d'omega mais apparemment samsung en a sortie un nouveau pour corriger ce problème affaire à suivre.

Pour ma part je suis passé d'une omega à une Wanam

Prend la dernière version 1.30

Je laisse les anciennes versions car certains aiment bien comparer entre l'une et l'autre

• 2 months later...

salut à tous!

j'ai un petit problème, quand je veux baisser les volts, sur certaines freq il refuse de bouger: 200--912 je veux mettre 892 et au moment où je sauvegarde il me transforme le tout en n'importe quoi. avec system tuner.

avec quelle appli faites vous l'undervolting?

Rejoignez la conversation

Vous pouvez poster maintenant et vous enregistrez plus tard. Si vous avez un compte, connectez-vous maintenant pour poster.

Invité
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Répondre à ce sujet…

×   Collé en tant que texte enrichi.   Coller en tant que texte brut à la place

Seulement 75 émoticônes maximum sont autorisées.

×   Votre lien a été automatiquement intégré.   Afficher plutôt comme un lien

×   Votre contenu précédent a été rétabli.   Vider l’éditeur

×   Vous ne pouvez pas directement coller des images. Envoyez-les depuis votre ordinateur ou insérez-les depuis une URL.

• Créer...